DescriptionTwo comfort food favorites—pasta and chili—come together in an epic bake.
- ½ Tablespoons Canola Or Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- ½ pounds Pasta (I Used Small Shells)
- 15 ounces, fluid Tomato Sauce
- 14-½ ounces, weight Canned Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 15 ounces, weight Canned Kidney Or Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1-½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 3 dashes Cayenne Powder
- ¼ cups Water
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cups Sour Cream, For Topping
- 4 Tablespoons Green Onions, Chopped
PreparationStart by preheating the oven to 350 F.
Drizzle the oil into a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink.
While the ground beef is cooking, cook your pasta according to package instructions for firm al dente. Once cooked, drain off the water and set pasta aside for now.
After the ground beef is cooked, add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and green chilies, beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and water. Give it a stir and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, stir in the cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
Pour the chili pasta mixture into a 9×13 pan. Flatten it out with a spatula and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the cheese has fully melted.
Spoon into serving dishes and top with sour cream and green onions.