I love Saturday morning breakfasts. Since we are always rushing to get out the door to church on Sunday that makes Saturday our relaxed morning. We don’t have kids yet so we are enjoying being able to sleep in and enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast together. One of my favorite things to make for Saturday breakfast is this French Toast Casserole. And it doesn’t hurt that it makes a lot so I can enjoy it during the week.
I have a great love for anything with brown sugar and french toast. With this recipe the two are combined into the ultimate breakfast casserole. This is a dish that my Aunt Melanie makes so I got the recipe from her because I wanted to make it for us. It is simple to make, sweet and delicious. You prepare it the night before then put it in the oven in the morning and you get a delicious breakfast.
– 1 stick butter
– 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 6 eggs
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 12 slices white bread
1. Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and cinnamon
2. Spread half of the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 pan
3. Place six pieces of bread over brown sugar mixture
4. Spread the remainder of the brown sugar mixture over the bread
5. Place remaining six pieces of bread on top
6. Beat eggs and milk together and pour on top of everything
7. Cover and refrigerate overnight
8. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes
Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day. I love grits, french toast, pancakes, and the list could go on and on. I’m a sucker for breakfast foods of most kinds. This French Toast Casserole ranks right up there at the top with a good bowl of cheese grits. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Be sure to check out these other great breakfast recipes I have on the blog!