1. We take “OMG your thighs have gotten so big!” as a compliment.
2. We weigh more than before we started lifting, but we look slimmer.
3. And we actually get excited to see the number on the scale go up.
4. But tbh we’re not sure what we weigh any more, cos then we threw away our scales.
MTV / Via fuckyeahreactions.tumblr.comWhen you start training for strength, you stop obsessing over weight – unless it comes in iron plate form.
5. We look hot in skinny jeans, but getting our thighs into them is a struggle.
6. We eat more than ever.
Harry Potter/ Warner Bros / Via jeveuxdicaprio.tumblr.comThose muscles aren’t going to feed themselves, ya know.
7. And we actually prefer sweet potato chips to regular.
8. But we still count down to cheat day the way we used to count down to Christmas.
Lizzie McGuire/ Disney / Via goodreads.com
9. We look back on our cardio bunny days the way you look at Facebook photos from 2007.
10. We schedule our week around Leg Day.
http://quickmeme.comThere will be no twerking the night after Leg Day. Or driving with clutch control. Or walking up stairs.
12. We get up at an unholy time and torture our bodies for an hour at the gym…
Parks and Recreation / NBC / Via hola105.tumblr.com…yet somehow still rock up to work with more energy than your previous lie-in and bucket of triple-shot latte ever gave you.
13. We have a smoking-hot bod but nobody to see it.
http://alyssaspence16.tumblr.comA gym rat’s lifestyle: not conducive to romance
14. We turn down a night at the pub for a hot date…
Jessica Lopez / Via pinterest.com…with our trainer at 6am.