I was surprised at how much these really do taste just like Kit Kat bars.. actually I think they taste even better! I have seen a recipe similar to this on pinterest and wanted to give it try. The original recipe called for square crackers to be made in a 9X13 baking dish but I like an airhead bought round crackers by mistake... so I decided to improvise and make these individual in muffin tins. The ritz crackers fit perfectly in a regular size muffin tin. I was glad that I bought the wrong crackers... I think these came out great! I guarantee these won't last for long!
Here's what you will need: Ritz crackers, graham crackers, peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, butter, milk and chocolate chips.
Melt the butter, the sugars and milk in over medium heat in a saucepan.
Crush the graham crackers. I find it easiest to put them in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin or a bottle will also do the trick.
Add the crushed graham crackers to the melted butter and sugar mixture.
Spray the muffin tins with some non-stick cooking spray. Place a ritz crackers in the bottom of each one.
Divide the sugar and graham cracker mixture in half and spread a spoonful on top of each cracker. Don't worry about getting it exactly spread out, when you place the next cracker on top it will even it out.
Place another cracker on top and press down a little to spread out the mixture.
Top each one with the rest of the mixture.
Layer another cracker on top and press down a little to spread it out.
Combine the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
Heat in microwave 30 seconds and stir. Continue to heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
Spoon the melted chocolate over the tops and let it run down the sides to completely cover each one. Then put in the refrigerator for at least an hour. I just went around each one with a knife and they popped right out.
Makes 2 dozen
- 72 buttery crackers, such as Ritz Crackers
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Place a cracker in the bottom of each one.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugars and milk together to a boil over medium heat. Stir in crushed graham crackers until heated thru.
- Divide the sugar/graham cracker mixture in half. Spoon some over each cracker. Top with another cracker and press down slightly to spread out the mixture.
- Spoon the remaining sugar/graham cracker mixture over each one. Top each one with another cracker and press down slightly to spread out the mixture.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on high 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chips are melted.
- Pour evenly over the top layer of crackers, making sure the crackers are completely covered.
- Refrigerate until kit kat bars are firm.