Let’s take a second to talk about lasagna. It’s the ultimate comfort food. The best, really.
But it just takes too long to make right at home. Plus, serving it up can be such a mess.
That’s why these mini lasagna cups are pure genius. It’s so easy to make and they’re conveniently made into single serving portions.
And with those crisp wonton wrappers, this may just be the best lasagna you will ever make.
Plus, miniature food always tastes better, right?
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
The easiest, simplest lasagna you will ever make, conveniently made into single-serving portions!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 2-inch won ton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and stir in marinara sauce.
- Season ricotta cheese with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Fit a wonton wrapper into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon marinara mixture and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese; repeat with one more layer.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.