A beautiful braided pizza crust stuffed with pepperoni, pizza sauce and tons of ooey-gooey melted cheese. An easy dinner or quick game-day appetizer!
- Prep Time 10 min
- Total Time 30 min
- Servings 4
Pepperoni Pizza Braid
- can Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- cup pizza sauce
- cups shredded mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese, divided
- cup pepperoni slices, divided, plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 425°F (400°F for a dark or nonstick baking sheet). Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust and press into a 10-by-13-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheet. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut 8 equal strips along each of the two longer edges, leaving a 3-inch space down the center of the dough rectangle.
- Spoon pizza sauce along the center of the pizza dough, then sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Top with 1/3 cup of pepperoni slices, then sprinkle with another 3/4 cup shredded cheese and remaining 1/3 cup pepperonis.
- Starting from one end, fold strips of dough over the filling to the center, so the ends overlap and it looks braided. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and a few more slices of pepperoni.
- Bake 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and baked through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pump up your pepperoni pizza by folding it into this easy braided loaf!
FOUR INGREDIENTS BRING YOU THIS EASY PARTY-READY PIZZA BRAID. OR, IT CAN BE YOUR LUNCH. WE WON'T TELL.Oh hello, friend! I see your lunch is looking pretty sad there. Why don’t you pretend it never happened and make this Pepperoni Pizza Braid instead? You’re welcome.
I’ll admit that there have been way too many times I’ve “been there, done that” when it comes to dull, unsatisfying lunches. So it’s been a new mission of mine to make lunch more exciting, filling and overall, like a midday party in food form – because I like parties and I like food.
That’s how this delightful braid of cheesy, pepperoni-y goodness came to be. With just four ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious twist on pizza that blows the lunchtime blues away and leaves your belly full and you, well, happier. (Psst – it makes an easy party appetizer or family dinner too!)
First things first: Make sure you have the ingredients handy.
We’ll be using Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust because it’s yummy and convenient and gets this pizza show on the road in no time.
You’ll also want some sliced pepperonis, shredded cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella and cheddar here) and pizza sauce.
To start, heat the oven and lightly grease a baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and press it into a (roughly) 10-by-13-inch rectangle.
Using kitchen scissors or a knife, cut about 8 equal strips on the two longer sides of the dough, leaving a 3-inch space down the center of the rectangle for the filling.
Spread the pizza sauce along the center of the dough, then top it with two layers of cheese and pepperonis. Oh yeah. Double the cheese and pep, double the yum.
Fold the strips over each other along the center of the dough so it looks braided, then top it with the remaining cheese and a few more pepperonis.
Bake the braid until the crust is golden brown and baked through and the cheese is oh-so-melty.
Bellissimo! Braided pizza perfection, ready for your pie hole.
Say goodbye to boring and hello to pepperoni pizza braids forever and ever.