Monday, January 12, 2015

How to Make a Yarn Wrapped Ombre Monogrammed Letter


I love ombre. So when I thought about making something easy and pretty to decorate my daughter's room, I knew I wanted pink (for her) and ombre (for me).
I used yarn  in 3 different shade of pink to give me my ombre effect, these Martha Stewart embellishments, and a wooden letter "L "(for Lainey) I found at Michael's.

I only applied glue to the backside, the top, and bottom of the letter. I would glue about three inches, then start wrapping, then add more glue as I moved up. I left the ends of the yarn long until the whole thing had dried. Then I trimmed them.

I added my embellishments, which have sticky tape on the back, and I was done!

The whole thing probably took about an hour and the longest part was waiting for the glue to dry.
I'm going to lean this up against her window on her dresser to add a little warmth and "girly" sweetness to her room. But how great would this look as decoration at a baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment